Become part of the Juniper family by volunteering alongside over 450 other volunteers of all ages. You will be able to make an impact in many different ways. Our volunteers are at the heart of our organisation. They help brighten the lives of the elderly people in our care. So how could you jump in at Juniper?
Be part of the Juniper Family
We love that our volunteers come from all walks of life, and
bring with them a variety of skills and interests.
We value who you are as a person. Volunteering for Juniper is a time where you can set aside the workplace expectations of others, and engage as the person you are.
Juniper appreciates the time and effort your provide and that wish you have to make a difference.
- It’s flexible - that means you can volunteer the amount of time you want each week. There is never too little for us! Your time is priceless.
- It’s fun - you choose to do the things you enjoy the most, whilst still helping others. You can even choose to volunteer with a friend, hobby group or relative to share the satisfaction of making an impact!
- It’s rewarding - you are helping to make a positive difference in the lives of elderly people in Western Australia. And, you are building invaluable relationships with them. The experience can be inspirational, whilst building your own self-worth and direction. Leave the world a better place than you found it!
- It’s social - you will be able to meet other Juniper volunteers at functions where we celebrate our volunteers throughout the year. Become part of a social support network that ensures no one is ever left alone.
- It’s a learning experience - you will not only learn about elderly people, but also a lot about yourself. No better way than to discover hidden skills and talents than through our volunteering program! Build confidence and life skills today.
- Pay it forward. Our volunteers tell us how they gain a sense of satisfaction when they have no family, or are absent from their own family interstate or overseas.
Juniper offers a lot of ways for you to change the lives of our residents. So, both you and them equally benefit from the experience. Get creative and approach us with what you can deliver! Here is a list to start you thinking. It provides just a few ideas about how you can volunteer - whether it’s resources, time, skills or services:
- Assisting with group activities like bingo, craft, music, or aromatherapy
- Driving a bus for outings
- Providing companionship, reading to residents or a quiet game of scrabble
Assisting in one of the cafes or kiosks
- Administrative tasks
- Pastoral Care - providing emotional and spiritual support. Click here for more information.
While we want to accept every volunteer, we prioritise the comfort and safety of our residents. All Juniper Volunteers must have a current National Police Clearance. We can organise this for you, and the cost is covered by Juniper. We meet you for an interview and may check your referees.
We understand that it is usually easier to volunteer in an area convenient to you. There are many different aged care locations where we need volunteers.
Short term volunteering of a few days or weeks doesn’t suit our needs. We are seeking volunteers who are able to commit for several months at least. Our volunteering is about relationships; relationships that take time to develop. It is not fair on our residents to have people come and go quickly.
Volunteering is generally not suitable for recent graduates with carer qualifications seeking employment because we do not offer hands-on care roles to volunteers.
We advise overseas visitors seeking to volunteer that their Visa should have no relevant restrictions.
To find out more on volunteering with Juniper, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 9240 0313 and speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.