Welcome to Juniper, where getting started is easier

Thank you for considering Juniper for residential care for yourself or your loved one. 

We understand deciding on a new home is a big step. With over 70 years’ experience backed by strong values, you can feel confident Juniper will put your needs first.

Our friendly team can join you to discover and celebrate your unique story. Find out more about how to get started with Juniper residential aged care here.

Call My Aged Care

The Australian Government’s My Aged Care service is the place to go to find out about your eligibility for aged care services.

An initial call to My Aged Care on 1800 200 422  or online at  My Aged Care will help determine the right kinds of aged care services that meet your needs and preferences. Your GP and social worker can also make a referral for an assessment.

My Aged Care will organise an in-person assessment to meet with you in your home, or in hospital, to discuss your needs and ensure you are eligible for subsidised aged care.

Once completed, you will receive a letter from My Aged Care to advise:

  • The results of the assessment and your eligibility
  • The services you can receive and corresponding referral codes
  • Your Support Plan.

Income and Assets

An important part of applying for aged care is personal and financial information.

Financial information enables the Australian Government, through Centrelink, to determine accommodation fees and any subsidies that can support you.

If you currently receive a means-tested income support payment from Centrelink or DVA and you do not own your own home, you do not need to fill in a form. An assessment will be completed automatically when you enter into Residential Care.

Use form SA457 to give financial information if you don’t receive a means-tested income support payment from Centrelink or DVA and are a self-funded retiree.

Use form SA485 if you own or part-own your home and are receiving a means-tested income support payment from Centrelink or DVA.

Application and waitlisting

To help us progress your request as quickly as possible, please complete the application form in full and return it to Juniper’s Access Team.

Once we have received your completed form, we can confirm your place on Juniper’s wait-list and provide you with an initial accommodation quote for your consideration upon request.

Contact our friendly application team, Juniper Access on 1300 313 000 or email access@juniper.org.au for assistance.

Offer and acceptance

When a suitable vacancy occurs, a member of our Juniper Access team will contact you. At this time we will discuss current finances and clarify any queries you have.

We will arrange for you to view the room and the home’s common areas.

For privacy, occupied residents’ rooms are not available for viewing.


Moving in

Moving home can be daunting and exciting. So it’s good to know there are new faces and friendly people at Juniper who will help you settle into your new home.

Share your stories and interests with your friends and us to discover new activities and keep up the pastimes you enjoy every day, so you can keep doing the things you love.

Bring the mementos and special things you love, so your new home feels just right.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us