Volunteer with Juniper
Give a little time, make a big difference
Our volunteers come from all different walks of life. From young people or parents of school aged children to those who have recently retired, our valued volunteers bring with them a variety of skills or just simply their time and company.
We’d love you to join our family and make a big difference in the lives of our residents and clients.
Why volunteer with Juniper?
- It’s flexible – you can volunteer as much or as little as you like! There is never too little for us – your time is priceless.
- It’s fun – you can choose to do the things you love most, while still helping others. You can even choose to volunteer with a friend or hobby group.
- It’s rewarding – you really are making a positive difference in the lives of elders across Western Australia. The experience can be inspirational and uplifting and you will build new and valuable relationships.
- It’s a learning experience – you will not only learn about the lives of our elders, but also a lot about yourself. No better way than to discover hidden skills and talents than through our volunteering program!
- Pay it forward – our volunteers tell us how they gain a sense of satisfaction when they have no family, or are absent from their own family interstate or overseas.
- It’s social – we celebrate our volunteers with social events throughout the year where you will get to meet other volunteers.
How you can make a difference
There are so many ways to volunteer with us – the list is endless! Here is a list to start you thinking or be creative and approach us with what you can offer:
- Assisting with group activities like bingo, craft or aromatherapy
- Playing music in the late afternoon, or for church services at various times during the day
- Driving a bus for outings
- Providing companionship, reading to residents or a quiet game of scrabble
- Assisting in one of the cafes or kiosks
- Administrative tasks
Pastoral Care volunteering opportunities are also available, providing emotional and spiritual support to our residents and clients.
We understand that it is usually easier to volunteer in an area convenient to you. There are many different aged care locations where we need volunteers. View our locations here.