for Juniper Residential Care Facilities
The following visiting arrangements are in place at all Juniper residential care facilities:
- Bookings are not required for visits during business hours (8:30am to 4:30pm).
- Bookings are required for visits after hours Monday to Friday, and on weekends.
- Access doors to all Juniper homes will remain locked.
- There are no limits to the length of visits, or to the number of visitors at any one time.
- Visits may take place in the resident’s room, in the dining room or in a general area.
- All visitors are asked to maintain 1.5m physical distancing from other residents where possible.
All visitors are required to:
- Sign in and out of the facility.
- Complete a COVID-19 screening check, including a health and travel declaration.
NOTE: Visitors who have recently arrived in WA from interstate or New Zealand may be required to wear personal protective equipment including a mask, gloves and gown, depending on the risk rating of the jurisdiction where they have come from.
- Show evidence of a current influenza vaccination or valid medical exemption.
- Have a temperature test, and test below 37.5 degrees to enter.
- Comply with the instructions given by the supervisor or Manager.
- Wash hands or use alcohol hand sanitiser before entering and on leaving the premises.
- Comply with social distancing protocols of 1.5 metres at all times where practicable.
In accordance with the Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions No 7 (23 February 2021), you must not enter a residential care facility, if you:
- Returned from overseas in the previous 14 days.
- Have been informed that you are a “close contact” in the previous 14 days.
- Are displaying symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as fever of 37.5 or above, a recent history of fever, symptoms of acute respiratory infection (i.e. shortness of breath, cough or sore throat), loss of smell or loss of taste.
- Have not had an up-to-date influenza vaccination (unless medically exempted or the vaccination is not readily available) or;
- Have attended a Quarantine Centre or you were a Quarantine Centre Worker in the preceding 14 days.
For clarification on any of the above, please contact the Residential Manager at the site.