for Juniper Residential Care Facilities
The following visiting arrangements are place at all Juniper residential care facilities
All visitors are required to:
- Pre-book visits with the facility to occur during the designated visiting hours.
- On entry, complete a COVID-19 screening check, including completing a health and travel declaration and sign in and out of the facility.
NOTE: Visitors who have recently arrived in WA from interstate or New Zealand may be required to wear personal protective equipment including a mask, gloves and gown, depending on the risk rating of the jurisdiction where they have come from.
- Show evidence of a current influenza vaccination or valid medical exemption.
- Have a temperature test, and test below 37.5 degrees to enter.
- Comply with the instructions given by the supervisor or Manager.
- Wash hands or use alcohol hand sanitizer before entering and on leaving the premises.
- Comply with social distancing protocols of 1.5 metres at all times where practicable.
To further strengthen our protection of residents and staff against COVID-19, the following additional visiting arrangements are also to be followed:
- No more than two visitors per resident at any one time.
- Visit length is for a maximum of two hours except for the resident’s spouse, close relative or social support.
- Visits are to take place in the resident’s room, outdoors or other area as designated by the Manager – no visits are to take place in facility common areas where other residents are present.
In accordance with the Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions No 7 (23 February 2021), you must not enter a residential care facility, if you:
- Returned from overseas in the previous 14 days.
- Have been informed that you are a “close contact” in the previous 14 days.
- Are displaying symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as fever of 37.5 or above, recent history of fever, symptoms of acute respiratory infection (i.e. shortness of breath, cough or sore throat), loss of smell or loss of taste.
- Have not had an up-to-date influenza vaccination (unless medically exempted or the vaccination is not readily available) or;
- Have attended a Quarantine Centre or you were a Quarantine Centre Worker in the preceding 14 days.
For clarification on any of the above, please contact the Residential Manager at the site.