COVID-19 Update Saturday 1 May 2021, 5:15pm
Posted on May 1, 2021
COVID-19 Update Saturday 1 May 2021, 5:15pm
Juniper acknowledges the WA Government’s announcement today Saturday 1 May 2021, advising that there are three new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Perth community.
At this stage, the current Transitional Restrictions for Perth and Peel regions still apply, with one amendment – anyone from the Perth and Peel region MUST wear a mask inside and outside until 12.01am Saturday 8 May 2021.
Anyone from Perth and Peel regions who are in other regions must also wear a mask inside and outside. The full announcement can be read here.
A list of the updated potential exposure locations are listed on the WA.gov website here.
Residential Aged Care
Perth Metropolitan Facilities
From Saturday 1 May 2021 to Saturday 8 May 2021 the following visiting arrangements are in place:
- Only one person per resident per day is permitted to visit.
- Visitors for compassionate reasons should be arranged with the Residential Manager.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times.
- Volunteers, contractors, suppliers, hairdressers and other health professionals are permitted onsite where their services are necessary for the effective operation of the residential care facility.
- Students are unfortunately not permitted onsite during the transitional restrictions
- Bookings are required for all visits.
- All persons must also sign a declaration that they have not attended an Exposure Site during the times specified as listed by the Health Department.
- Visitor screening applies including health, travel and temperature checking. Certain restrictions apply for some groups. Refer to Juniper’s Visiting Arrangements for more details.
Regional Facilities of Geraldton, Northam, Katanning, Albany and Kimberley
During the transitional restrictions period, visitors to our regional facilities who have been in the Perth or Peel region since 17 April 2021 must wear a mask at all times.
Visiting Arrangements apply for all visitors to Juniper residential care facilities in
- Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions No 7 (23 February 2021);
- Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities (Stay at home and closure (Perth, Peel and Rottnest)) Directions (No.3) (30 April 2021)
The safety and wellbeing of our residents, staff and volunteers is our top priority. We will continue to closely monitor the spread and impact of COVID-19 in the community and will keep you informed. We greatly appreciate everyone’s understanding, patience and support at this time.
For more information on Juniper’s visiting arrangements, please contact the Residential Manager, or Clinical Nurse Manager at the facility.
Home and Community Care
Our home and community care clients will continue to receive their essential services.
Our staff in Perth will wear face masks during visits and will continue to call clients in advance to ask pre-screening questions before attending their residence.
It is vital that clients who have attended an Exposure Site during the times specified (as listed by the Health Department) please disclose this to staff prior to receiving a visit, to ensure all care is taken when delivering essential support.
The health and safety of our clients, your family, carers and our staff members are our first priority. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and are taking action to ensure our clients are able to access the care, services and advice they need.
We are also directing any team members who may be displaying cold or flu like symptoms to refrain from coming to work and isolate at home until their symptoms are fully resolved.
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please reconsider your services and phone us to discuss options so that together, we can keep every one of our clients and staff safe and well.
Retirement Living – Perth Region
We remind our retirement living community to follow the State Government’s updated Transitional Restrictions including wearing a mask when outside your private homes, at all times.
In line with Government advice, until 12.01am Saturday 8 May a 30-person limit applies to all in-home private gatherings and the two square metre rule applies to indoor public venues and village common areas.
All residents are reminded to follow government directions, maintain social distancing protocols and good hand hygiene, and if you are experiencing any symptoms, please see your GP.
Our sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to all our residents, clients, staff, volunteers and all friends of Juniper for your patience, cooperation and flexibility over the April lockdown, interim and now transitional restrictions period. Together we are protecting our Juniper community from the spread of infection. Thank you!
This information will be updated as further information comes to hand.
Other COVID-19 information resources: