COVID-19 Update Monday 26 April 2021, 3:30pm
Posted on April 26, 2021
COVID-19 Update Monday 26 April 2021, 3:30pm
The Western Australian Government confirmed today, Monday 26 April 2021, that pending no further local cases of COVID-19, the Perth and Peel lockdown will end at 12.01am Tuesday 27 April 2021, with Interim Restrictions in place until 12.01am Saturday 1 May 2021.
The information below explains what this means for Juniper’s residential aged care facilities, home and community care services, and retirement living communities.
Juniper is monitoring the situation closely and will reassess all arrangements at the end of this Interim Restrictions period.
Residential Aged Care
Perth Metropolitan Facilities
In accordance with the State Government announcement that visits to aged care facilities in the Perth region remain restricted to compassionate grounds, from 12.01am Tuesday 27 April 2021, all Juniper Perth metropolitan residential care facilities will continue to have full visitor restrictions in place until 12:01am Saturday 1 May 2021.
This means that visits to these facilities will only be permitted for:
- Compassionate grounds at the discretion of the Residential Manager
- Acceptance of new admissions (with all infection control protocols in place)
- Essential medical treatments including General Practitioners and Allied Health workers
- Pastoral care staff
Volunteers, students, and all non-essential service providers and contractors will not be permitted to enter.
Residential Care teams will continue to maintain strict infection control and visitor screening protocols, enhanced cleaning is taking place and all staff will be wearing masks.
Unless otherwise advised, visits to Juniper metropolitan residential care facilities are expected to resume from 9am Saturday 1 May 2021 with bookings essential.
We understand the importance of keeping our residential care facility residents and families connected as much as possible during times of restricted visitation and we remain committed to helping residents and their loved ones stay in regular contact. Our residential care teams will assist with video and phone calls between residents and families to ensure communication is continued throughout this time.
Our therapy teams continue to provide a range of enjoyable activities to help residents stay busy and entertained.
Regional Facilities of Geraldton, Northam, Katanning, Albany and Kimberley
Visitors who have been in the Perth or Peel region since 17 April 2021 are not permitted to enter Juniper regional residential care facilities during this Interim Restrictions period, unless on compassionate grounds and at the discretion of the Residential Manager. If the visit is permitted a mask must be worn and social distancing of 1.5m maintained at all times.
All Juniper Residential Care Facilities
All visitors to Juniper residential care facilities are required to comply with the visiting arrangements which include health and temperature screening, and declarations regarding travel, exposure to COVID-19, or visiting an Exposure Site or a quarantine facility.
It is also essential that all persons entering a residential aged care facility maintain physical distancing, good hand hygiene and cough etiquette to help prevent the spread of infection.
Visiting arrangements at Juniper’s Residential care facilities are set in accordance with the updated Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions No 7 (25 February 2021)
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will reassess all our visiting arrangements at the end of the Interim Restrictions period.
Families are encouraged to contact the Residential Manager at their facility if they have any questions.
Home and Community Care
Our home and community care clients will continue to receive their essential services.
Our staff in Perth will wear face masks during visits and will continue to call clients in advance to ask pre-screening questions before attending their residence. It is vital that clients who have attended the Exposure Site locations listed by the health department, please disclose this to staff prior to receiving a visit, to ensure all care is taken when delivering essential support.
Retirement Living – Perth Region
We remind everyone to follow State Government directions including wearing a mask outside of their home during this Interim Restrictions period.
A 20-person limit applies to all private indoor and outdoor gatherings and the 4 square metre rule applies.
Please continue to maintain physical distancing, good hand hygiene and cough etiquette to help prevent the spread of infection.
Currently no Juniper staff or resident has tested positive for COVID-19.
This information will be updated as further information comes to hand.
- The Perth and Peel lockdown will end from 12.01am Tuesday 27 April 2021 with interim restrictions in place until 12.01am Saturday 1 May 2021.
- Masks are mandatory outside of your own home including at work during the interim restriction period.
- No visits to residential aged care (Perth and Peel regions) unless for exceptional circumstances.
- Visitors who have been in Perth and Peel from 17 April 2021 are not permitted entry to Juniper residential care facilities in other regions, unless on compassionate grounds.
- Working from home is advised for those able to do so.
- A 4 square metre rule applies for all venues.
- A 20-person limit is in place for private indoor and outdoor gatherings.
- No restrictions on leaving the Perth- Peel region, however anyone who has been in the Perth/Peel region since 17 April must wear a mask in public.
- Refer to WA Government website for more information.
Other COVID-19 information resources:
- WA Health
- 24-hr Coronavirus Health Information Line – 1800 020 080
0410 461 816