COVID-19 Update Sunday 14 February 2021, 9:28am
Posted on February 14, 2021
COVID-19 Update Sunday 14 February 2021, 9:28am
Juniper acknowledges the announcement from the WA Government that with no new local cases of COVID-19 detected in the WA community, the transition out of lockdown ended for the Perth and Peel regions at 12:01am on Sunday 14 February 2021.
Residential Aged Care
From Sunday 14 February 2021, Perth aged care providers can now return to pre-lockdown visiting arrangements as outlined in Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions No 4 (18 September 2020)
From Sunday 14 February 2020 the following visiting arrangements are in place at all Juniper residential care facilities:
All visitors are required to:
- pre-book visits with the facility to occur during the designated visiting hours.
- complete a COVID-19 screening check including a health and travel declaration and sign in and out when visiting a facility .
Please note: visitors may be required to wear personal protective equipment including a mask, gloves and gown, dependent on the results of the COVID-19 screening check.
- show evidence of a current influenza vaccination or valid medical exemption.
- have their temperature tested, and test below 37.5 degrees to enter.
- comply with the instructions given by the supervisor or Manager.
- wash their hands or use alcohol hand sanitizer before entering and on leaving the premises.
- comply with physical distancing protocols of 1.5 metres at all times where practicable.
To further strengthen our protection of residents against COVID-19, the following additional visiting arrangements are also to be followed:
- No more than two visitors per resident at any one time.
- Visit length is for a maximum of two hours except for the resident’s spouse, close relative or social support, or for compassionate reasons.
- Visits are to take place in the resident’s room, outdoors or other area as designated by the Manager – no visits are to take place in facility common areas where other residents are present.
In accordance with the Directions No.4, the following people must not enter a residential care facility, those who have:
- Returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Been informed that they are a “close contact” in the last 14 days
- Displaying symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as fever of 37.5 or above, recent history of fever, symptoms of acute respiratory infection (i.e. shortness of breath, cough or sore throat), loss of smell or loss of taste
- Not had an up-to-date influenza vaccination (unless medically exempted or the vaccination is not readily available).
Volunteers and Student Placements
In line with the current Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities No 4, volunteers and students undertaking placements are once again permitted entry to Juniper Residential Aged Care Facilities.
The health, safety and wellbeing of staff, residents, clients and volunteers will always be our highest priority. We will continue to closely monitor the spread and impact of COVID-19 in the community and keep you informed.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s understanding, patience and support during these exceptional times.
For more information on Juniper’s visiting arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact the Residential Manager, Clinical Nurse Manager or Care Coordinator at your site.
Home and Community Care
The health and safety of our clients, your family, carers and our staff members are our first priority. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and are taking action to ensure our clients are able to access the care, services and advice they need.
To ensure your wellbeing and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Juniper Home and Care staff are adhering to the following Processes and Procedures:
- Calling each client before visits to check they are well and haven’t travelled by asking 3 key questions:
- Are you feeling unwell with any symptoms associated with COVID-19, including cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhoea?
- Have you, or someone you have been in contact with, travelled from overseas or interstate in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Increased Hand Hygiene – following the ‘5 moment rule’: before entering home, before contact, before procedures/activity, after procedures/activity and up on leaving the home
- Maintaining cough and sneeze etiquette (into inner elbow)
- Reducing unnecessary contact
- Adopting precautions such as using a face mask and goggles to protect from cross infection if and when required (suspected symptoms)
- Escalating any concerns to leaders if and when required; and
- Juniper is also working closely with our suppliers and stores to limit any potential disruption to product availability.
We are also directing any team members who may be displaying cold or flu like symptoms to refrain from coming to work and isolate at home until their symptoms are fully resolved.
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please reconsider your services and phone us to discuss options so that together, we can keep every one of our clients and staff safe and well.
A big thanks to our retirement village communities who continue to respond well to the COVID-19 situation. In line with Government advice, person limits no longer apply to indoor and outdoor gatherings and masks are no longer mandatory outside your home.
All residents are reminded to maintain social distancing protocols and hand hygiene, and if you are experiencing any symptoms, please see your GP.
Our sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to all our residents, clients, staff, volunteers and all friends of Juniper for your patience, cooperation and flexibility over the last two weeks during the lockdown and transition period. Together we have been able to protect our Juniper community from the spread of infection. Thank you!
This information will be updated as further information comes to hand.
Other COVID-19 information resources:
- WA Health
- 24-hr Coronavirus Health Information Line – 1800 020 080
0410 461 816